Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

Online only

After much thought and thanks to so much constructive feedback on the WW boards, I'm now an online only member, effective this morning. It's going to cost me $30 for 3 months, instead of $40 for one month, and all I have to give up are the meetings that are obviously frustrating me so much. I already do all my tracking online, and really my support community is online, so I can't see that I'm giving up much of anything except a 45-minute drive and 45 minutes of boredom! But I hereby make a promise to myself that if I find my resolve/accountability slipping, if I find that I'm underestimating the value of having to show up every week, that I will again become a meetings member.

The only thing I'm sad about is not getting to celebrate my upcoming 10% milestone in a meeting. But since I never found one that felt like a community for me, that's not much of a price to pay--it's more of a notional than an actual loss. I'm so happy with my progress and feeling so dedicated that I think the success itself will be plenty of its own reward.

Thanks to those readers who I know from the WW boards and who offered their advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment